Ward B3 is part of the Juravinski Hospital’s Medicine Clinical Teaching Unit (CTU). The unit cares for a diverse patient population that includes two (2) cardiac critical care beds, three (3) medicine observational care beds and ten (10) acute medicine beds.
As a member of the health care team, the Registered Practical Nurse provides patient care within the scope of Practice of Registered Practical Nurse in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
1. Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
2. Current Certificates or current community college studies in asepsis, wound care, airway management, complex wound care, patient assessment, urinary catheterization, administering enteral feeds, Medication administration, transcribing orders
3. Documented completion of a recognized IV course that includes IV medication administration, venipuncture and blood and blood product administration
4. Current CPR Certificate
5. Recent experience in acute Medical
6. Demonstrated experience in working with an interdisciplinary team
7. Demonstrated ability to function in an environment which is fast-paced, with unpredictable patient outcomes
8. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and other members of the healthcare team
9. Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs
10. Demonstrated knowledge of TLC protocols (Transfer/Lifts for Caregivers)
11. Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement