The Organization: Advanced Respiratory Care Network – Multiple Edmonton Area Locations
Advanced Respiratory Care Network provides a range of expertise in respirology, sleep medicine, internal medicine, cardiology and allergy in Alberta. We are looking for full and part time Respiratory Therapists in our Edmonton area locations.
Our areas of diagnostics and therapeutics include Pulmonary Function Testing, Level 1 and Level 3 sleep testing, CPAP and BiPAP therapy, respiratory home care and home oxygen therapy, 24 hour BP monitoring, 24- and 48-hour holter monitoring and allergy testing. The areas of Specialized Physician Consultation include Pulmonology, Cardiology, Sleep Medicine, Internal Medicine and Allergy.
Our Mission: To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient, cost-effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care with timely access.
We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth. For more information, please go to www.arcnetwork.ca
Are you a patient focused Respiratory Therapist with excellent clinical skills looking for a new role? Advanced Respiratory Care is presently recruiting both clinic based and respiratory home care Respiratory Therapists.
The Responsibilities Include:
- The Respiratory Therapist performs high quality diagnostic PFT and sleep testing and provides accurate information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Ability to attend patients’ homes for the provision of respiratory home care assessments and service delivery either during the normal work week or on an on-call basis.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; aiding the patient, every patient encounter is an opportunity to educate.
- Uses proper patient preparation, equipment settings, and correct application techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, to prevent compromised data acquisition and to ensure appropriate therapeutic response.
- Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during assessments or therapeutic interventions to ensure that all appropriate data is accurately captured, responded to and communicated appropriately.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the work areas are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Works with an interdisciplinary team and other support staff to provide optimal patient care.
- Attends team meetings and updates
- Current Respiratory Therapy registration in good standing with CARTA, CSRT
- Clean driving record and criminal record check
- CPR in good standing
- Excellent multitasking and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible to respond to an ever-changing environment
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-time or Part time hours: up to 40 per week
Salary: dependent on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- respiratory therapist: 1 year (preferred)
- CARTA LICENSE (preferred)
Work Location: One location