Peoples Group is a boutique Financial Institution with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal that has been in the Canadian marketplace for over 30 years. Our mission is to exceed our customers' expectations by providing exceptional customer service backed by extensive product knowledge and experience.
Our culture here at Peoples Group is formed by our values; Strength-Based, Relationship Focused and Passionate Execution. We believe people don't choose a company to work for, they choose a company to join. We also believe that people come first and each day we strive to be willing, trustworthy and creative.
You are a strong & savvy technical writer and have proficiency in reviewing and producing documentation to support compliance and regulatory initiatives. You understand compliance initiatives and their impact on the business and organizational outcomes. You may have a legal background and/or you have interest in supporting in-house compliance initiatives in a fast-paced growth oriented environment. You have experience in assisting senior team members with regulatory compliance projects, have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and enjoy working with deadlines and deliverables. You have a keen eye for detail and enjoy using your organizational and building relationships with stakeholder skills to dive into a challenge.
About the day-to-day:
- Reporting to the Vice President of Compliance you will provide daily and strategic support to the RCM program
- Assess emerging regulatory changes to direct the business to their process enhancements
- Develop evidence-informed policy positions and concise recommendations
- Translate research into accessible materials and knowledge products in support of organizational priorities
- Draft policies and procedures in relation to applicable legislation and regulations
- Monitor legal and regulatory environment including review & analysis of regulatory announcements, reports, and legislative changes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with associations and industry representatives
- Develop materials for special projects as requested by the Vice President of Compliance
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as the legal field
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience in a similar capacity
- Proven ability to comprehend and produce technical documents to support regulatory/legal activities
- Experience working with or within Financial Institutions
- Experience with coordinating schedules, requests, and documents with internal stakeholders
- Experience with technology monitoring systems, willingness to learn and use other technology monitoring systems
- Experience with working with various stakeholders within the organization including senior management
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable, flexible, innovative, and responsive to change
- Ability to grasp business concepts in a dynamic, fast paced, and multi-entity environment
- Strong proficiency with systems; Word & Outlook; Intermediate to advanced level of Excel
Help us get to know you better by answering our application questions! Your participation is an expected and essential part of our selection process.
NOTE: Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest; however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Peoples Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.