We are currently looking for residential Rehabilitation Therapists in Hamilton, ON responsible for providing supervision and support to individuals with acquired brain injuries.
Our Hamilton Residence provides functional / quality of life care customized for survivors of acquired brain injuries, which may include treatment for slow to recover conditions. As a transitional step between hospital and home, the Hamilton Residence is staffed around the clock - 24/7. As a Rehabilitation Therapist, you will be directly involved in each client’s care. We maintain a safe, stable environment, and a home-like setting that is conducive to effective care and rehabilitation. The program also focuses on community reintegration and participation as key aspects of returning to independence.
Ready to join us? If you are a keen individual looking for a part-time opportunity in an exciting, interactive and dynamic environment where you will have an opportunity to enhance your skills, you have found it with Bayshore Integrated Care Solutions, NRIO. Our community partners are safe and we provide you with all the necessary PPE. Your safety is our first priority!
- Post-secondary education in social sciences or healthcare related studies. Ideal for individuals who are currently in school or graduates of nursing programs looking for experience working with medically complex individuals.
- Must have flexible availability - days, evenings, weekends, occassional overnights
- Willingness to commit to ongoing casual employment
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
- Knowledge and/or experience working with individuals with mental health issues, dual diagnoses, behavioural issues, chronic pain, and addictions
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to work with clients and team members toward solutions; addressing issues such as verbal aggression, physical and environmental aggression, elopement, socially and sexually inappropriate behaviours
- Ability to problem-solve/handle difficult situations in an objective consistent manner
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
- Ability to be self-directed and take direction
- Willingness to perform: medication assistance, administrative tasks, light cleaning, advocating, and clinical therapy implementation
- Enjoy dealing with people and working in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform bending, stretching and lifting while assisting clients
- Ability to be organized and able to complete tasks within allocated time frames
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and proficiency with secure email
- Commitment to continual learning, upgrading and enhancing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with individuals with acquired brain injuries while assisting them with increasing levels of independence through individualized rehabilitation programs (responsible for up to 5 clients at a particular time)
- Complete documentation following company and provincial guidelines
- Follow the designed rehabilitation program as accurately as possible
- Perform personal care, medication management, and various forms of transfer tasks
- Utilize appropriate Crisis and Behavioural Management strategies
- Collect required clinical data through documentation, tracking, etc.
- Complete research to assist with enhancing client programs
- Other clinical and administrative duties as assigned
Bayshore is In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please note, there have been individuals posing as Bayshore Recruiters, please be advised Bayshore Recruiters will not ask for personal banking information during an interview.