Summary Description: The Release Management role includes forecasting, scheduling, coordination, and management of releases across multiple environments. The releases can be inclusive of software product updates, bug fixes, security improvements, and release-related Project/Program initiatives. Responsibilities will include leading release governance, best practices, and processes to help product development teams manage and deploy releases into all environments.
The Release Manager function works collaboratively with all stakeholders in the software development life cycle and is supportive of Service Management and quality assurance, as they set up their build dev/test environments. Additionally, the release manager role assists the IT organization to improve the software engineering processes and practices. Lastly, the Release Manager coordinates all security audit requirements to comply with Quality and Audit requirements.
The NetEffect services team is a growing organization, with opportunities for growth and leadership.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone with particular experience with the following:
- Define target release schedule
- Document the release scope and deliverables
- Manages change control process and coordinates with management in in support of the SDLC lifecycle and the system engineering team
- Lead and coordinate the release readiness reviews, to include the execution of the deployment plans and deployment checklists
- Manage risks and lead the resolution of issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Works collaboratively with the Portfolio leaders and project managers to document and communicate all changes for service releases.
- Release planning and execution; to include coordination and communication during and after deployment
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between multiple teams
- Coordinate release approvals for releases to all environments utilizing Release System.
- Work with Dev Ops Engineer in maintaining the release schedule and managing key information, documentation, procedures, dependencies, and cross team communications.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degrees in any of the following fields:
- BSc in Business Administration or related field
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a project management role within a highly technical Agile environment
- Experience working directly in or with others in customer-facing roles (Sales, Support, Program Management)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and manage expectations across multiple internal teams and levels within the company
- Experience solving complex and ambiguous problems at a startup or a fast-paced company
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent priority tasks with tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle in software development
- Must Have: Previous experience in Release Management
- Strong spreadsheet skills and ability to build and maintain budgets
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA, xBasecamp or Trello)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Release management: 3 years (required)
- Project management software: 3 years (required)
Expected start date: 2023-02-15