You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard for customer-first service.
In this specialized role, our Customer Advisors will:
- Deliver extraordinary customer care and value to Card Members in a fast paced, highly regulated environment
- Handle complex customer queries end-to-end, taking ownership and resolving concerns on First Contact
- Ask probing questions to build rapport, understand the customer profile and make tailored recommendations to increase customer loyalty
- Synthesize information from multiple systems to create the best possible outcomes for our customers
- We offer flexible benefits (dental, medical, group savings programs)
- Colleagues start with three weeks of vacation annually (increases with tenure)
- Monthly performance incentive
- We encourage career development through mentorship
- We hold a strong focus on diversity and inclusion initiatives
- We promote a work-life balance (shift changes occur 1-2 times per year)
- We’re open from 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. Monday to Sunday EST.
- You have exceptional verbal communication skills in English
- You’re empathetic, persistent, and engaging
- You love problem-solving and are self-driven to make things happen
- You’re flexible and able to work during operating hours including at least one-day on the weekend
American Express is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment in which all people who apply for positions or who work for or on behalf of Amex are treated with dignity and respect and are provided with equal treatment with respect to employment, regardless of that person’s age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, colour, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, family status, pregnancy, disability, record of offences, social condition or origin, political beliefs, association or activity or other factors prohibited under applicable Human Rights legislation (the “Prohibited Grounds”). If you have a disability and need accommodation, please speak with the Recruiter for more information.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations