This is a temporary opportunity for up to twelve (12) months.
Sinai Health is a leading academic health science centre with a provincial, national and international reputation for discovering and delivering life-changing care. We provide excellent and compassionate care in hospital, community and home. Comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital, the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and our system partner Circle of Care, we translate scientific breakthroughs, push boundaries for health solutions, and educates future clinical and scientific leaders.
Sinai Health is fully committed to a culture of belonging and an inclusive environment that attracts and retains a diverse workforce, at all levels of the organization that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and those from diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know through the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800, ext. 7050, or email [email protected]
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Research Assistant to support our Research and Innovation Department at our Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital.
The Research Assistants will work closely with the Research Manager and Research Coordinators at Sinai Hospital System to assist with 1) system wide research and innovation programs and initiatives associated with the Science of Care and Centre for Nursing Excellence aligned with the Academic Practice Strategy and 2) research activities associated with studies [e.g. Exploring Evolving Models of Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic CIHR Operating Grant: Addressing the Wider Health Impacts of COVID Pandemic] with a focus on recruitment, data collection and analysis, and capacity building knowledge translation activities.
- Assists in the management of study documents, including transcripts of interviews, reviewing and filing literature, assisting in document analysis for studies.
- Participates in transcribing and analyzing data using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Ensures studies are conducted in accordance to regulatory and institutional guidelines.
- Assists in preparation of study results, presentations, study timelines.
- Conducts literature reviews and keeping current with study literature.
- Ability to work with Reference Manager Software i.e. Endnote, NViVo
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a University Degree with a Health Sciences focus and/or three years of University education from an accredited educational institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based research principles and methodologies.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of related research experience in an academic or clinical setting.
- Ability to work with Reference Manager Software i.e. Endnote.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - especially PowerPoint.
- Superior written/oral communication and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to effectively convey factual information and detailed explanations.
- Excellent time management, organizational and self-planning skills displaying flexibility by adjusting work schedules according to changing priorities, meeting demanding deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance record.