Canada Goose isn't like anything else. We've built something great, something special - an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. At the heart of it is our promise to inspire and enable all people to thrive in the world outside. To Live in the Open. At Canada Goose, you're part of a movement that belongs to something bigger. One that seeks out the restorative power of nature and is driven by a purpose to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm. We endure any condition, observe every detail, and are building a community that believes in living bravely and coming together to support game-changing people.
Here, opportunities are everywhere - to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they're yours for the taking.
The Research Associate, Research & Insights assists with the execution of all primary and secondary consumer research at Canada Goose. Leveraging technical expertise in qualitative and quantitative research, the Research Associate assists the delivery of meaningful consumer-driven insights to the organization.
The Research Associate is part of a team that acts as the ‘face of’ consumer research at Canada Goose and is required to assist the Research & Insights (R&I) team with the creation and delivery of actionable reports, presentations, and recommendations to internal audiences. The Research Associate will also be part of a team that partners with internal stakeholders to understand key business questions, and drive engagement, understanding, and action through consumer insights.
Assist the R&I team with all ad hoc/custom research projects conducted on an ongoing basis that supports marketing, product, and commercial priorities. These projects encompass the following areas:
- Brand health tracking
- Consumer segmentation
- Marketing effectiveness tracking
- Creative testing
- Market scoping and understanding
- Cultural deep dives of key Canada Goose markets
- Shopper and retail research
- Consumer trends
- Product testing
- Assist with the day-to-day management of multiple custom research projects (both quantitative and qualitative research studies)
- Assist the development of research plans to match business objectives outlining methodology, timing, deliverables
- Assist with writing questionnaires for ad-hoc research studies, program basic surveys, and test survey links
- Assist in conducting secondary research related to business questions
- Pull data for research reports
- Conduct quality assurance tasks, including number checking reports to ensure accuracy
- Code open-ended/qualitative data for themes
- This is a very hands-on position with executional accountabilities
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business, consumer behavior, market research or quantitative discipline an asset
- 2+ years experience working in a consumer insights position within the consumer brands and retail industry
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques across multiple markets
- Exposure to customer driven, service oriented, entrepreneurial environments
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Outlook
- Proficiency in SPSS or other data analysis software
- Proficiency in Qualitative analysis software
- Experience both on client and supplier side of consumer insights an asset
- Knowledge of fashion and apparel industry an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Deliverable Development: able to create simple, compelling, and visual deliverables that assist in communication of research & insights to business audience
- Research Methodology & Expertise: awareness of and experience with a broad range of research methodologies and technique
- Project Management: able to manage multiple projects, internal and external stakeholders, competing priorities. Highly organized.
- Analytics & Insight Development: able to understand business research objective, interpret consumer research data, and develop actionable insights for the business
- Communication & Presentation: able to verbally communicate research and insights to executive business audiences in a succinct and inspirational manner
- Proactive Attitude: Entrepreneurial, creative, and resourceful; Self-starter with exceptional work ethic
- Collaborator: An effective listener who seeks to understand first and offers positive/flexible solutions; High degree of emotional intelligence and able to build effective working relationships
- Office environment (hybrid work model)
We believe in the power of inclusion and that our best work happens when people bring their authentic selves to work and are welcomed for exactly who they are. We embrace diversity in all its forms and definition and strive to remove barriers to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where everyone can live authentically, every day and in every situation.
Canada Goose is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
There are multiple ways to interview with us! If you require any interview accommodation for your interview, please e-mail us at [email protected]