North American Staffing is looking for Scheduling Coordinator for one our corrugated boxes manufacturer client.
Please call at 416 565 1900 for further discussion.
Shift Timing: - 9:30am to 6pm
- Full time
- Long term Job
WHAT IS IT EXACTLY: -
This position reports directly to the Customer Solutions Manager and is responsible for coordination of all production scheduling activities. The person in this position interfaces with a number of internal and external sources to assure the timely delivery of materials for production of orders including but not limited to make and ship, inventory and feedstock orders as well as to assure the timely and orderly production of finished goods for shipping and inventory warehousing.
The Scheduling Coordinator must work hand in hand with the Inventory Coordinator and Customer Service to assure that production is scheduled and carried under controlled conditions.
These duties include but are not limited to assessing current production needs, scheduling all plant production, updating the Encore System, (Smart Plan), and for producing reports for management and continuous improvement activities. The Scheduler must be familiar with all production and customer services processes, be detail oriented, and possess basic data input and computer skills
1. Order all board from suppliers for make and ship, inventory and feedstock orders
2. Review and check the accuracy of said PO’s and cross reference them to Supplier confirmation
3. Regular correspondence with all board suppliers concerning issues pertaining to late orders, quantity discrepancies, damaged product
4. Conduct correspondence with Suppliers regarding Special orders for rare board grade or adder, digital printing requirements and precision printing as required.
5. Prepare and issue RDR’s to all suppliers in a timely manner.
6. Review and update delivery dates with Suppliers at CSR’s request and/or unattainable delivery dates requested by Customer Service but cannot be fulfilled by the requested date.
7. Monitor and track the changes in delivery dates on a regular basis.
8. Provide accurate and timely (daily) reports to management and other departments as needed by updating Supplier due date report.
9. Monitor and communicate due dates to ensure Customer Service is informed of current lead times.
10. Communicate all supplier price changes with accounting and monitor effective date of price changes relative to delivery of material.
11. Check inventory and correct feedstock levels by working with the Inventory Coordinator.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
13. Training others when needed
1. Adhere to all Quality System policies, procedures and work instructions.
2. Demonstrate proactive action on issues relating to
- Housekeeping (Keep the workflow on the plant floor efficient)
- Safety (Understand and follow health and safety guidelines)
- Corrective/preventative action resolution in a timely manner
- Cost and waste reduction
- Continuous Improvement
1. Review all Factory Tickets for completeness of information
2. Issue and track down jobs at work centres.
3. Create, monitor and update Production Schedules and communicate with Production personnel.
4. Expedite the movement of urgent work through production.
5. Active coordination, facilitation of customer problems when requested by the customer and participation in quality system meetings as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Communicate effectively Suppliers (verbally, English).
2. Communicate effectively with Associates (verbally, English).
3. Communicate effectively with Management (verbally, English).
4. Communicate effectively to all parties through written English.
5. Communicate effectively using Microsoft Office and software as required.
Education, Experience & Personal Characteristics:
- A High School Diploma.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- 3 years of Packaging Industry Experience.
- Experience in purchasing.
- Must be well organized, must manage time well and must be capable of adjusting self to company goals.
- Must have a polite and courteous phone manner.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Thanks and Regards
North American Staffing Services
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$43,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Work Location: One location