Location Details: Scarborough Town Centre
PostalCode: M1P 4P5
Requisition Number: 9752-504-SA-SEAS-PT
Date Opened: November 23, 2022
Number of Openings: 3
Job Type: Temporary
Pay Class: Part Time
Education: Some High School or equivalent
Career Level: Entry Level
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
THIS COULD BE YOU!
Want to be part of an amazing team? If you’re a friendly and energetic person with an interest in fashion retail – we want to hear from you.
The Seasonal Sales Associate provides outstanding customer service, merchandises, generates and processes sales as well as maintains the store’s cleanliness and appearance.
- Ensuring outstanding service by creating a friendly environment. This includes greeting, acknowledging and re-approaching every customer, and being knowledgeable about products.
- Staying up to date on the most current sales and promotions.
- Assisting in merchandising displays and store cleanliness.
- Replenishing merchandise, monitoring floor stock and processing shipments.
- Processing purchases at the cash register.
- Adhering to all company policies.
- Other tasks as assigned by the management team.
- Retail or customer service experience an asset
- Excellent selling and customer service abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Work well autonomously and in a team
- Ability to stand for extended periods and climb a ladder;
- Move, lift and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store (weighing up to 30 pounds).
- Days, evenings and weekends.
The average wage for this position is $15.50 per hour.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
What's in it for you?
✓ Advancement opportunities
✓ Fun & inclusive environment
✓ Paid birthday off
✓ Wellness initiatives
At Ardene, you’re more than an employee – you’re part of a fun, dynamic and energetic family.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.