About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will engage and connect with our customers by providing excellent customer service. You will be an expert in product and use this expertise to educate, inform, inspire and outfit the customer. You will offer information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events, and execute operational processes effectively and efficiently. Your goal is to bring our brand to life for our customers while building brand loyalty and delivering with productivity.
What You'll Do
- All associates are expected to become experts of the brand's selling behaviors, leveraging these behaviors with every customer who walks through our doors and allowing us to provide a exceptional customer experience.
- Offer style and outfit suggestions to the customer, utilizing mannequins and displays for inspiration
- Promote loyalty by educating customers about our loyalty programs
- Leverage omni channel offerings to deliver a frictionless customer experience
- Support sales floor, fitting room, check out, and back of house processes, as required
- Courteous and responsive to internal/external request
- Exchange and verifies job related information to provide support
Who You Are
- Good communicator with the ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, who is always learning, open to feedback and takes action as required
- Able to handle customer interactions and potential issues/concerns courteously and professionally
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on- the-job training
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.