Seasonal Warehouse Worker – Scarborough, ON
Are you hungry for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast-paced, diverse organization? If so, you have a future at PepsiCo. As a world-class organization, we strive for excellence in everything that we do, from a new product launch to delivering a product to a store.
To accomplish our goals, we need talented, innovative people who know how to work hard and have fun! We need people who want to make a difference. Taste the success with Canada’s fastest-growing consumer packaged goods company and discover how our passion for growth creates big challenges – and big opportunities – personally, professionally, and financially.
We are looking for driven students to work as Seasonal Warehouse Workers who want a value-added experience in sales operations at our food distribution facility in Scarborough, Ontario.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
· Unload cardboard and return product from route trucks into inventory
· Stack and bundle cardboard
· Pick customer orders by full case using a voice system or scanner
· Pick customer orders by individual bag on pre-pick module/cart
· Load route trucks with product using roller carts or by hand
· Perform general clean-up/sanitation duties including facility and ground appearance
· Work in an ergonomically correct manner
Must be available to work any of the following workweek and shift combinations
·11am – 7pm
·2pm – 10pm
·12pm – 8pm
Who’s a good fit for the team:
· Must be returning to school full-time in the fall
· Available to work up to and including Labour Day weekend
· Experience in a fast-paced work environment
· Able to work under extreme heat conditions and conduct heavy lifting
· Effective communication skills
· Takes ownership of tasks assigned
· A team player
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Previous warehouse experience is an asset
· Must be able to work flexible shifts and workweeks including afternoons and weekends
What you can expect from us:
· A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
· A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
· A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
· An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
· An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
· An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currently enrolled in a post-secondary program?
- Are you available to work full-time during the summer (May 1st - September 4th)?
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-05-01