Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Business Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to analyze and report on all patient assistance programs within core therapeutic areas and provide value-added insights into therapeutic trends, opportunities and weaknesses. The Business Analyst’s role is to assist the business users understanding of what the developer has created in the reports. The Business Analyst will also act as a liaison for communication between the business end users and the developers.
Nature and Scope
The incumbent will work with internal staff to develop and maintain comprehensive reporting for SDM Specialty Health Network stakeholders and external clients as contract requirements dictate.
What you will do
- Act as a conduit between:
- Client, SHN Sales & Marketing and Business Intelligence department to clarify and translate business and or operational requirements into documentation and conceptual report designs
- Third party vendors, e.g. IMS
- SHN internal clients and report writers to facilitate the development of reports
- Develop financial analysis and reports designed to maximize profitability
- Recommend and facilitate development of reports
- Run, validate and review reports, analyze trends, opportunities and weaknesses and summarize for report end users which includes internal employees and clients
- Maintain business requirements, functional requirements and technical specification documentation for all reports
- Represent Business Intelligence & Insights for audits
- Participate in Request for Proposal process related to specific therapeutic area of expertise
- Assess impact to reports due to process changes
- Create manufacturer service fee invoices
- Provide supporting documentation for service fee invoices and document report errors
- Perform Data Base Code Promotion regression testing
- Report all Adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures
What you will need
- Business, Science, Analytics or Statistics Degree or equivalent working experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in a pharmaceutical industry
- Effective organizational, communication and customer relations skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional computer skills (spreadsheet and quantitative analysis tools)
- Must be able manage time effectively through flexibility & prioritization
- Must enjoy working in an environment of fast paced change and ambiguity
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy .
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.