Senior Planner / Scheduler (P6 & MS Project)
This role serves as the Senior Planner/Scheduler on large construction projects throughout Canada. The successful candidate must have prior work experience in planning and scheduling on Large Scale Major projects.
- Develop and maintain integrated engineering, procurement, and construction schedules.
- Perform what-if schedule scenarios, advanced schedule analysis, and variance analysis reports
- Develop cost and resource loaded schedule and produce a forecasted financial cash flow report.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule, base line, status, and perform measurement baseline.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Communicate scheduling analysis and findings, propose mitigation or recovery plans, and presents them to the internal project groups as well as the corporate head office.
- Identify and manage schedule considerations and problems resulting from intergroup restraints and interfaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop short and long-range schedules and work plans.
- Liaise with Project Management personnel to establish construction requirements.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and associated years of experience on large scale construction related projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Experience with leading planning/scheduling of large major projects throughout Canada.
- Advanced knowledge and working experience in Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, provincial, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Must have the ability to travel with in regions throughout Canada as required.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires employees to comply with QM’s Infection Control Plan (ICP). QM’s ICP requires employees to be vaccinated if they will be working onsite at a jobsite that has a mandatory vaccination policy. Accommodations, including legally eligible exemptions, will be considered where legally required.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As proponents of Canada’s Black North Initiative, QM continues to support a culture of integrity, fairness, and ethical practices. QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally able to work for any employer in Canada?
- construction or environmental industries: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location