The Shop Helper maintains the cleanliness of the workshop and aids in performing all other general tasks. Any hazards must be taken care of or removed if possible. If not, issues are to be reported to the Collision Centre Manager or a senior staff member. This Shop Helper is responsible for supporting the overall operations of the department in multiple capacities and as directed by management.
- Organize vehicles in parking lot.
- Ensure the lot is arranged, organized and free from litter and debris.
- Maintain walkway accessibility in increment weather.
- Snow removal, salting, and taking out the garbage.
- Assist in cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles.
- Wash and clean areas of the Department as assigned by management.
- Assist with general housekeeping of both interior and exterior of facility on a daily basis.
- Damaged parts organization.
- Report any outstanding issues to management or senior staff member.
- Ensure the shop area is always kept clean, tidy, organized and free from hazards.
- Assist with other shop related tasks as needed.
- Perform additional duties as directed by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Clear Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Good judgement
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Must have manual transmission driving experience
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits!
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Work/life balance.
- Training and support programs.
- Boot and tool allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Corporate support.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).