Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries (MPGC) is an organization which controls the operation of ten cemeteries, and nine funeral centres in the Greater Toronto Area. The funeral centres are operated by Canadian Memorial Services (CMS).
MPGC’s purpose is to bring some comfort to an otherwise difficult experience by offering each and every person care, compassion and choice.
MPGC is a not-for-profit, non-share Capital Corporation which was formed by Special Act and is governed by the Corporations Act (Ontario).
We are looking for a Family Service Clerk to support our whole company based out of York Cemetery.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Successful candidate must be able to travel to all 10 Cemetery locations as needed
- Check interments/entombments daily; take photographs and rubbings of memorials
- Finalizing Interment Arrangements, ensuring all documents are received, processed and finalized
- Process memorial orders; create documents, receipts, invoices, foundation and setting orders , including dealer approvals
- Register interment rights & records documents
- Create and process purchase orders
- Scan and index cemetery documents as required
- Reconcile and prepare daily bank deposits and various reports when required
- Attend graveside interments of cremated remains when required
- Maintain various reporting functions including survey letters
- Relieve receptionist as required
- Perform other sundry duties as assigned
Hours/Days of Work:
- 5 days a week, including every Monday, Friday, and Saturday
- Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday off (based on location requirements)
- 8:00AM - 4:30PM or 8:30AM – 5:00PM (based on location requirements)
- Commitment to detail and accuracy
- A valid Ontario “G” driver’s licence an acceptable driver’s abstract and a reliable personal vehicle
- The successful applicant must obtain a Sales Representative Licence upon hire
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
- Experience working with MS Office as well as standard office equipment
The Mount Pleasant Group is committed to providing equitable opportunities to all applicants and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will provide accommodation in recruitment as needed. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
- Day shift
- bank deposit & invoicing: 2 years (required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (required)
- Cash handling: 2 years (required)
- Ontario "G" Licence (required)