Shipper (Warehouse Environment) - Amico Patient Care
Amico Patient Care is a growing company looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our fast-paced production environment. If you’re looking for a job within a “large family” then Amico Patient Care is the right place for you. With a culture that sees people enjoy coming to work, we value our people and help to make each day enjoyable while still being very productive.
The Shipper will support the Production Manager by:
- Driving a culture of creativity, innovation and continuous learning.
- Following safe practices and having an awareness of hazards to prevent injuries.
- Being committed to continuous improvement and willing to be cross trained.
- Focusing on, on time delivery of orders in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Following policies and procedures related to shipping processes.
- Determine best method of shipment and prepare shipping documents.
- Source new shipping companies, negotiate pricing and delivery times.
- Constantly evaluating packaging in an effort to minimize product damage.
- Ability to multitask, able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Coordinating with the Production team to schedule daily deliveries and customer pick- ups.
- Resolving carrier issues and respond quickly to customer delivery expectations.
- Maintaining accurate internal record-keeping systems.
- Reacting quickly to changing circumstances to ensure delivery to customers involving all key internal and external contacts.
- Maintaining proper labelling of product once packaging process has been completed.
- Accurately inputting data related to SAP into the system.
- Maintaining an organized work area by following 5S principles.
- Working with various departments and maintaining flexible attitude in supporting all work dedicated to achieving organizational goals.
- Working towards achieving the company objectives and offering suggestions for continuous improvement.
Required Work Experience:
- Diploma in Supply Chain, Materials management or Logistics or equivalent considered an asset
- 3-5 years professional experience in Shipping role required
- Knowledge of customs/FDA and international shipping is required.
- Knowledge of SAP considered an asset
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel & MS Project)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills
Job Openings: 1
Job Type: Full-time permanent (overtime hours may be requested occasionally)
For more information, please visit us at www.amico.com _(Patient Room Furniture & Suction & Oxygen Therapy)
*We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.
*Only selected candidates will be contacted._
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What is your desired salary?
- Shipping & receiving: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location