Requisition ID: 171821
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Commodities Technology team is a crucial part of the Global Technologies Applications team. This is an opportunity to work in the exciting world of Capital markets, Commodities and Foreign Exchange Technology Line of business to be more precise. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join this dynamic team.
You will get the chance to contribute to the success of the bank’s Global Banking & Markets Engineering team by working with Businesses and technology teams to generate technology solutions.
The most important thing is demonstration of skills and technical know-how. Soft skills will help with team fit and are an asset. If the candidate has a GitHub repository that they want to share, that would be helpful in selection and interviewing.
- Design, develop and implement applications and solutions to support Global Banking and Markets client data processing, reporting and analytics.
- Work within a Java and Spring ecosystem to design and deliver complex software components and applications.
- Analyze complex business requirements and transform them into robust technical specifications.
- Start day with a scrum call to give updates to the team, call out blockers and concerns (Developers, BAs, QAs)
- Bi-weekly sprint planning calls
- Writing code and developing based on Jira Assignments
- New project, most code will be net new (about 50% new code, 50% existing projects)
- Code review
- Almost completely back-end work, there is a sperate front-end team (unless the candidate wishes to participate in front-end tasks, this is not a requirement)
Qualifications / Technology Stack:
- Java, Spring Microservices, Python, Go, Dot Net, Angular
- MSSQL, Redis, Kafka, NAS
- Docker and Docker Swarm, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet
- Elastic Search & Kibana
- Linux (RHEL), Scotiabank Enterprise Private Cloud, Azure,
- Team player, strong team component
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.