Design Electronics is widely known for providing the best in cutting-edge custom installations and employing the latest technologies from notable brands who offer audiovisual, lighting, control, and security system products. Our projects are delivered on time, on budget, with unmatched service.
We are headquartered in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Our 30,000 sq. ft. research and development and custom-fabrication facility houses a dynamic team of sales professionals, system designers, certified technicians and engineers, and installers.
We offer a complete turn-key service, ensuring seamless integration over every entire installation process and guaranteed customer satisfaction. Our team has vast experience in the industry, and our technical team has an impressive list of specialized certifications. We have InfoComm Certified Technology Specialists (CTS), Crestron Master Programmers, Savant Programmers, and Certified Surveillance System Installers/Technicians, and several of our professionals have Crestron Designations and Lutron Certifications.
About the Role
This position will focus on the profitable growth of the high end custom residential electronics systems integration within Southern Ontario and Cottage Country. The Solutions Consultant shall act as a key point of contact for Residential business matters, including new system sales, existing system service, support, and upgrades as necessary.
The Solutions Consultant guides potential clients through preliminary needs analysis, providing an overview of the “Art of the Possible”, uncovering and prioritizing their key interests and determining a preliminary budget. This position will then partner with their clients through the System Design Consultation process by collecting documentation for review with the Engineering Department, preparing a detailed system overview and providing annotated drawings of plans, showing locations of equipment. The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for the final budgetary proposal and achieving client approval.
Additionally, the Solutions Consultant shall contribute to the company’s recurring monthly revenue program, DesignCare, through existing client base outreach and positioning on new opportunities. This position will maintain contact with the client throughout the Integration process through client contact and discussions with dedicated Project Managers and Technicians to ensure that customer satisfaction is being met, ultimately leading to a successful experience with the company.
Comparable Job Titles: Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Customer Service Manager, Solutions Engineer, and Customer Success Engineer.
Type: Full Time | Permanent
Schedule: Day Shifts | (8 to 5pm) | Monday to Friday
Hours per Week: 40 hours | Work from Home
Education: College (preferred)
Why Join Us?
- We are a family-based environment, with an experienced team of audio-visual professionals.
- We offer an opportunity for career growth and professional development.
- Located in the beautiful Niagara Region, Ontario.
What We Offer You
- $75,000 to $85,000, commensurate with experience.
- Sales bonus, based on performance, valued at $40,000 to $50,000 annually.
- Additional performance-based incentives.
- Ability to work from home.
- Flexible working hours and work time.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Travel allowance.
- Discounts on personal electronics purchases.
- Manage CRM software for assigned accounts.
- Recommend suitable technology solutions to client to best fit their needs.
- Work with clients to develop a preliminary budget and provide systems design consultation.
- Work with client’s Interior Designers and/or Architects to ensure systems proposed will meet aesthetic and building requirements.
- Collect available documentation for review with our Engineering Team.
- Perform site inspections and measurements as necessary as well as prepare a detailed system overview.
- Provide annotated drawings to client for visualization.
- Assist the Engineering Department with conceptual design; block, riser, functional drawings where applicable.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients that interfaces with internal employees to ensure the customer experience is exceptional.
- Review service requests for existing clients to explore opportunities for system upgrades.
- Perform client outreach to increase recurring revenue through the DesignCare program.
- Attend tradeshows on behalf of the Company.
- Build and develop relationships within the custom residential market, in particular with Builders and Architects.
- Acquire manufacturer and/or industry certifications as necessary to maintain a high level of product knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned based upon business need.
- 5+ years of direct industry experience is an asset.
- Degree or diploma from an accredited college or university with an emphasis on business, marketing or electronics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field for sales and installation of electronics equipment is preferred.
- Prior experience as systems integrator or installer preferred.
- CTS, CEDIA, or similar AV industry recognized certifications preferred.
- Minimum Crestron or Lutron level 1 Programmer or Designer certification preferred.
- Control 4 Experience preferred.
- Experience in the AV, Security or Computer field.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Data entry systems.
- Must possess a high attention of detail and accuracy.
- Must be Bondable and Possess a valid G-level Ontario driver’s license or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some light lifting of objects may on occasion be required.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
- Ability and will to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential information with tact and diplomacy.
How you Join Us
Qualified candidates, please send your resume. We thank all who apply. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Design Electronics is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Niagara Falls, ON