Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than MS Canada! Our team is looking for a Specialist, Community Fundraising Operations on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week. We support flexible work options including remote work where possible; with some in-person meetings based on your location.Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of multiple sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
The role you will play
The Specialist, Community Fundraising Operations develops and coordinates materials, resources, and tools to run initiatives, support participants, and equip decision-makers with data. This role equips staff and participants to meet fundraising goals and contribute towards a world free of MS.
Key Areas of Impact:
- Develops fundraising tools, content, and resources, in coordination with teams across departments, to support staff and participants in meeting their goals
- Organizes stewardship initiatives such as Walk and Tour of Champions
- Coordinates physical resources and logistics for events and initiatives to support participant stewardship and fundraising goals
- Creates accurate and accessible reporting and dashboards across the portfolio to support data-driven decision making.
What you will bring
Are you someone who:
- Sets and exemplifies standards of excellence in data reporting, Saleforce logging, donor drive reporting?
- Has experience in excel and enjoys creating pivot tables and working with numbers?
- Runs excellent, well executed events?
- Works effectively with teams across the portfolio, providing support where needed?
- Has a deep care for our participants?
- Initiates and nurtures relationships with key individuals to enhance the organization's goals and reputation?
- Communicates effectively with leaders across the portfolio to ensure timelines are met?
- Identifies and fosters ways to add value, such as providing a unique Walk and Tour of Champions experience?
- Provides direction and solutions and creative new approaches to data collection and presentation?
What we offer
At MS Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We offer a RRSP matching program. In addition, we invest in professional development opportunities to support the growth of our team members. Not only do we have an extended, paid office closure at the end of the year, but we also have half day Friday's before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely (#LI-REMOTE) as well! Who wouldn't want all of that?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in one Word or PDF document by February 5th 2023. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at MS Canada will require a criminal background check.
MS Canada is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the MS community, MS Canada is requiring employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption. Upon hire, we would need proof of vaccination or an approved exemption.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of MS Canada. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants' needs throughout the selection process. Please contact [email protected] you need accommodation.
To learn more about MS Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.