STEWARD - PART TIME
@ The Toronto Marriott City Centre
Who We Are:
The Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is the world's only hotel located in a major league sports and entertainment venue, the Rogers Centre. Our distinctive hotel features 344 rooms, including 70 field-view rooms and Restaurant and Lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows offering a panoramic view of the stadium.
Marriott Hotels of Canada is proud to have been recognized on Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers for several years running including in 2022.
What we'll offer you:
At the Toronto Marriott City Centre, we provide a fun, safe and supportive work environment in a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care and more.
- Discounted hotel stays and food & beverage for you, your friends & family at over 7,000 properties worldwide across 131 countries and territories and 30 brands.
- A supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment for all that prioritizes understanding and integrating Team Members' unique perspectives and voices and that's committed to their mental and physical wellbeing.
- World-class service training program and job-specific training opportunities to empower life-long learning and to encourage Team Members to find the careers that are right for them.
What you'll do:
A great dining experience begins with a great meal – or does it?
Every culinary masterpiece needs a sparkling clean plate to support it. And no guest wants anything less than pristine glassware and utensils! Our Stewards are responsible for washing and safely storing all pots, pans, kitchen tools, dishware and cutlery for all food service outlets in the hotel, and maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen area. They are also responsible for the removal of all waste grease, kitchen garbage, recycling and compost to proper disposal areas. They work closely with the Chefs and Cooks to ensure that every dish served to our guests exceeds expectations. Can you add the sparkle our kitchen requires?
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of the Kitchen aisle, fridges/ freezers and restaurant.
- Properly recycle all boxes and food scraps
- Operate equipment, including electric pallet, safely and in accordance with policy.
- Deliver large containers/bins to the Kitchen, as needed.
- Report any defects to the Chef(s) and/or Engineering directly.
- Comply with all hotel and Kitchen policies and procedures.
- Perform general and deep cleaning of all areas in kitchen.
- Maintain cleanliness according to schedule of washrooms in kitchen
- Handle all chemicals according to the Safety Data Sheets provided (WHMIS, WHMIS 2015).
- Operate electrostatic sprayer according to training
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What you'll offer us:
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and fosters a culture of respect and positivity.
- Minimum of one year current work-related experience.
- Prior experience in hotel/hospitality receiving preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Able to work a variety of shifts/days (weekends are mandatory)
- High school graduation preferred.
The Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.98-$22.98 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay