Join the Johnvince Foods team!
Johnvince Foods is a family owned and operated Canadian business, with more than 45 years of experience processing, manufacturing and distributing bulk and packaged products across North America. Our nut products, confections and other food products include many of the most recognizable brands enjoyed in households every day, including Planters Peanuts. Our proud team is 800+ strong and growing every day.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Cashier at Johnvince Foods you will provide a high level of customer service and is responsible for processing credit or debit card transactions and cash using an electronic scanner and cash register. Other responsibilities will include occasional assistance in other areas within the store environment.
- Answers customers' questions at the store or via phone.
- Bags merchandise.
- Using the cash register or credit card machines computes and records totals of transactions.
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greets customers entering establishments.
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Processes merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Stocks shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items or fills bulk food bins.
- Performs minor cleanup duties.
- Understands and follows all pertinent Food Safety guidelines, procedures and requirements.
- Required to memorize product codes to ensure appropriate inventory is offset.
- Able to identify products to ensure appropriate coding is selected at checkout.
- Maintains a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Works safely and follows legislated and established safe work procedures and practices.
- Other Duties as assigned in adherence to the JVF GMP policies.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- 2 years experience in a a similar role
- Customer Service and strong interpersonal skills
- Competitive compensation and health and benefits package
Johnvince embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Please inform us if you will require any accommodation during the recruitment process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work might involve exposure to nuts and/or nut-based products and/or other food allergens.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: One location