Toronto School of Management (TSoM) is an innovative college offering a broad range of career-focused programs in Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Big Data, Cybersecurity, and Accounting. We provide relevant programs which ensure our students meet the demands of today’s ever-changing job market.
Niagara College and the Toronto School of Management have partnered to offer Niagara College's most sought-after programs in the City of Toronto, Ontario. Toronto, like the Niagara Region, is a hub of tourism and business in Canada and is one of Canada's largest and most multicultural cities in a country known for its diversity. Now students have the ability to access incredible employment opportunities in two of Canada's greatest regions.
Through the Niagara College and Toronto School of Management partnership, the Toronto School of Management delivers Niagara College programs and services at the Toronto campus, providing high standards of instruction and student services. Students that study at the Toronto campus will receive a Niagara College credential upon graduation.
The Student Services Officer is responsible for managing and coordinating academic-related activities and resources for all students within the Niagara College – Toronto programs. The role holder assists with overseeing student progression and provides ongoing support and guidance to all students, in addition to providing a high level of commitment to excellence and integrity in serving all key stakeholders.
- Prepare a list of expected students every intake and coordinate with the recruiters to provide timely updates to the management and recruiters.
- Effectively plan and conduct student orientation. Communicating the orientation schedule with all the students.
- Maintain up-to-date individual student files and follow-up on incomplete documents. Assist in the interim reviews of the student files.
- Create a classes schedule/ timetable. Monitor timely attendance for all classes. Track attendance and follow up with problematic students.
- Ensure teachers receive support with classes, materials, online access, schedule, etc.
- Communicate with students regarding any changes or important notifications.
- Ensure students receive efficient resolutions to their issues/ complaints.
- Register new students on the online Learning Management System (LMS) and making sure that all students are registered as per required courses.
- Assist in preparing the list of course books and coordinating with supplier for printing of it including managing the distribution of course books to the students.
- Assist in development and drafting of Student Handbook to update changes in program information and any changes/ improvement in policies and procedures.
- Closely work with the Academic Manager and all department heads, in order to improve program delivery and enhance the student experience.
- Coordinate the progress test /mock exam schedule for each semester. Actively involved in the invigilation of mock exams and their entire preparation. Scan and save all the marked answer scripts of students and assessment forms.
- Assist in the refunds queries and communication from old/new students as required.
- Issuing students with the completion of any relevant documents e.g. holiday requests, attendance letters, course transcripts, student ID cards.
- Uploading student transcripts on third-party websites on a timely basis.
- Manages the daily operations of the school‘s student services, and addresses all issues, related to all stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a Private Career College and with international students
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of PCC and compliance with Ontario regulations.
- Acts with ethics, accountability and integrity and demonstrates sound judgment and respect for the individual in all interactions with others;
- Builds trusting and productive relationships with all stakeholders;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.