POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains grounds and participates in ground maintenance activities. Performs minor maintenance and repairs on equipment and tools as required.
- Performs semi-skilled tasks required for the maintenance and operation of grounds, & buildings,
- Operates and performs routine maintenance and minor repairs to various types of motor vehicles, tractors, mechanized grounds maintenance, and grass cutting equipment
- Performs tasks required for the safe and proper operation and maintenance of property and amenities including landscaping; installation and maintenance of horticultural areas; snow removal; turf maintenance including grass cutting and trimming, sodding, seeding, topdressing, and aeration; litter, garbage and recycling pickup; preventive maintenance and minor repairs to amenities and infrastructure
- Prepares for all types of programs, guest & private functions and sports activities, including set up and take down of equipment and furnishings
- Rakes and edges sand bunkers by machine & by hand
- Plants shrubs, trees, and flowers; prunes trees and shrubs by machine and by hand
- General golf course set up involving walking around premises
- Provides work direction to other staff, in the absence of Site Superintendent
- Carries out duties that meet Health & Safety standards in a safe and responsible manner
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your resume must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- One year of grounds maintenance experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to use hand tools, mechanical equipment and make minor mechanical repairs and adjustments associated with buildings and property maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform landscaping and construction duties.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning and grounds maintenance techniques and the ability to perform day-today duties on the property.
- Knowledge of the handling of materials related to the duties of this position.
- Knowledgeable in the safe and efficient operation and routine maintenance of all vehicles, equipment and specialized attachments related to the position.
- Ability to accurately follow verbal and written instructions and sketches. * Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal courteously and confidentially with guests and principles.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties and work in various weather conditions.
- Must be available to work shift/weekend/overtime as required.
Working conditions include outdoor grounds environment and extreme temperatures (both hot and cold). May involve lifting or carrying objects of moderate weight.
Works alone and as part of a team. May be required to work alone for extended periods of time; such as when operating the grass cutting equipment. Depending on conditions, may work alone for duration of shift. Works with team member(s) when performing duties while dismounted from machines; such as: cutting trees, maintaining equipment, any manual labour done by hand.
WORK LOCATION: R.A. Properties Inc., 15760 Conc. Rd. 8, Schomberg, Ont., L0G 1T0.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 6 months
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- grounds keeper at a golf course: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location