triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. Toronto campus is actively seeking a dynamic individual to join the campus team as Student Success Advisor.
A student success Advisor will act as coach and mentor for students throughout their program. The Student Success Advisor will inspire, motivate, and assist students. The Student Success Advisor will strive to ensure the highest levels of student outcomes and program satisfaction are achieved
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Organize and conduct New Student Orientation.
- Meet with all students one month into their program (or earlier if there is an issue). Review with each student how the program is going, is the College meeting their needs, anything further they need or see how something could be improved upon.
- Diffuse upset, angry or hostile students and provide guidance and information and refer appropriately.
- Identify students at risk or in crisis and proactively connect them with the appropriate resources and supports.
- Follow a prescribed student engagement process with face-to-face meetings, phone calls, surveys and electronic communications to assist students successfully through their program and student experience.
- Manage the student exit survey process, review the results, and make recommendations based on the results to the Campus Director.
- Create Student Success Plans (SSP).
- Work with Instructors to ensure student SSP and accommodations are understood and implemented.
- Provide guidance on personal issues with students and connect them to local counselling resources and/or the student assistance provider (where applicable).
- Act as a back-up Instructor for Student Success Strategies course.
- Manage the Peer Assisted Learning program.
- Assist with the Student Ambassador Program, working with the instructor in charge of this program.
- Communicate concerns about student progress to instructors and administration in conjunction with coaching efforts and strategy.
- Weekly approval of grades in the College Administration System (XCAS).
- Act as Acting Campus Director when the Campus Director is away.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Post-secondary education in business or technology.
- 3+ years of management, operational and/or administrative experience is required.
- CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certifications would be an asset.
- Experience working with students who require accommodations.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- An understanding of the Private Career College Industry is preferred.
Hours of Work:
This position is full-time opportunity, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The expected start date for this opportunity is immediate. Please note that this position a 6 month contract
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values, and these have been retained for the last 30 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
triOS Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to building an intentionally inclusive environment that engages, supports, and empowers diversity and belonging in the workplace and communities served and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted