Position Title:Student Support Advisor
Department:Student Support & Experience
Fleming College, Toronto Programs is a public college-private partnership between Fleming College and Trebas Institute, with academic delivery and student support services managed by Trebas Institute.
Trebas Institute, established in 1979, is a private vocational school with campuses in Montreal and Toronto and offers a broad range of programs in audio, film and television, business and technology as well as music, event and entertainment management. Our mission is to provide high-quality and accessible education and support services to maximize our students’ success and learning experience. We strive to achieve this mission through a commitment to excellence, innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, as well as inclusiveness and diversity.
- Monitor and respond to incoming student enquiries via email, telephone and in person, in an efficient manner with a continuous aim to improve the level of communication standards.
- Continually develop and implement efficient communication processes and strategies to promptly handle and respond to large volumes of student enquires.
- Record, organize and maintain a current database of detailed student communication and case records.
- Quickly gain a thorough understanding of the FCT student journey, from pre-enrolment to graduation, and various departments, policies, and processes to provide students real-time answers to their questions, and where necessary, re-direct enquiries to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal staff from Student Support and Experience, and several other departments to coordinate flow and accuracy of student communication
- Identify irregularities and/or trends in student communication and develop/implement recommendations to resolve issues
- Assist in the development and production of communication materials designed for new students such as Orientations, Schedules, Guides, etc.
- Perform additional communication tasks, administrative duties, and undertake special communications projects as assigned.
- Coordinate and optimize the student flow on campus.
- Actively participate in webinars, events, Q&As, info sessions (on campus and online) and collaborate in planning, organizing, and facilitating Student Support and Experience initiatives for students
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years communication/reception/administration experience.
- Working with students in post-secondary education setting is a valuable asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent telephone and in-person manner providing an exceptional customer experience with every interaction.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and efficient time management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Superb attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines; good record keeping and filing skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work well within a team and independently.
- Working knowledge of MS Suite
Working Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
124 Eglinton Ave West (3rd and 4th floors),1-647-932-5172 FlemingCollegeToronto.ca
Toronto, Ontario, M4R 2G8, Canada[email protected]1