Are you looking for your next adventure?
Do you want to work within a challenging and ambitious company?
JANIN ATLAS, a subsidiary of VINCI Construction Grands Projets, part of the VINCI Group, construction worldwide leader, specialized in the design and construction of major civil engineering and building works in Canada is hiring a
What is the project?
A six-kilometre tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River). The scope of the Project includes the design, construction, and handover of all tunnels (twin tube of 6 km each), 7 stations (turnkey for: 1 station at grade and 6 underground stations) and civil works
What you will do:
The subcontracts engineer will partner with the subcontracts manager or material manager with site purchasing and material control
Concretely, your tasks will be:
- Work closely with senior subcontracting coordinators to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
- Assist in the maintenance and review of computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
- Learn processes around the research and evaluation of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier s reputation and history.
- Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
- Help prepare Request For Quotations (RFQs), solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor s degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
- At least one-three years experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
- Basic knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
What do we have to provide:
- 3 vacation weeks & 3 emergency/sickness days paid
- Profit sharing and performance retribution systems
- Group Health Insurance (premium participation including virtual health care system)
- Wellness spending account
- Monthy public transportation participation
- Career development opportunities
- Free coffee & tea
- A cosmopolite work environment
- Attractive and challenging project
You can see yourself in this job advertisement? Do not hesitate anymore, apply and meet our HR team!