Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Customer Strategy & Services is responsible for the departments contact centre operations and performance; supervising staff responding to inquiries and addressing complaints and feedback received across a variety of customer contact channels; delivery of integrated consistent, responsive and customer focused service to customers; sets performance standards that align with corporate customer experience objectives; achieves established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and contact quality measures for each customer contact channel; monitors, measures, evaluates and reports on customer contact channel performance; recommends improvements to enhance the customer experience and increase overall performance and efficiency, utilizing innovative strategies and adaptation of new technologies; leads staff through training, development, coaching and employee engagement initiatives.
- Oversees the departments contact centre operation and performance.
- Supervises staff responding to inquiries and concerns received across a variety of customer contact channels, including telephone, in-person, live chat, email/web form and written correspondence; also coaches, counsels and mentors staff ensuring efficient, effective and accurate delivery of customer information.
- Remains current with relevant department programs, projects, initiatives, policies and procedures as needed.
- Implements practices and mechanisms for customer contact channels that meet, measure and report on customer satisfaction, service level performance, response time objectives and service quality targets.
- Prepares reports and analyzes existing processes and makes recommendation to management for service levels, response times and contact centre objectives.
- Identifies gaps in call management services and across all communication channels makes recommendations to management.
- Supervises staff, including recruitment, selection, hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work, determining training and development needs, coaching and mentoring, conducting performance appraisals and determining/recommending disciplinary action up to and including dismissal in accordance with collective agreements, Regional policies and practices.
- Ensures that operating staff work in a safe manner and utilize all required health and safety equipment and protective devices and follow all measures and procedures as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Regional Policies.
- Produces and analyzes reports for various communication channels in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supervises the collection of customer input and suggestions across all communication channels.
- Assists the Manager in developing annual business/work plans and in developing service plans and staffing proposals.
- Provides input into budget and business plan development, policies and procedures.
- Liaises, fosters and maintains positive relationships with internal staff and external contacts, government and non-government agencies and the public.
- Implements customer service strategies to ensure that services provided meet Regional customer service standards.
- Assumes functions of the Manager in their absence, as directed.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business Administration or related field or equivalent approved combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated supervisory experience providing call centre management in a front line customer service operation, preferably in a public transit and roads operation environment.
- Knowledge of systems and technology used in a contact centre environment including Customer Relationship Management system.
- Demonstrated experience in refined writing, editing and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey issues and concepts in a convincing and easily understood manner.
- Political acumen to effectively communicate with members of council, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of contact centre technologies, queuing theory and caller behaviour theory.
Please apply online by 4:30PM EST of the closing date indicated above. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation.