Reporting to the Supervisor, IT Service Desk, is responsible for ensuring all Service Desk requests requiring support are resolved in an efficient, professional and timely manner.
- Responds to Help Desk inquiries from Regional staff to provide solutions on all Regional computer equipment and software issues/problems; refers unresolved issues as required.
- Records all client interactions using ticket tracking software; monitors and alerts Management of urgent issues.
- Ensures referral, escalation and follow-up procedures are being applied correctly and effectively to meet the goal of providing excellent customer service.
- Responds to enquiries in a timely manner; provides advice and training to new staff in area of expertise.
- Participates in meetings, attends seminars, conferences and training as required.
- Ensures that services provided meets Regional customer service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma (1 year or more) in Information Technology or related discipline, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one (1) year demonstrated experience directly supporting clients through a Help Desk process.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license free of any serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business
- Demonstrated experience with LAN/WAN (Microsoft Windows) environments (software/hardware) including experience with Microsoft Office desktop application and Microsoft Exchange and CITRIX
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self management and accountability and flexibility/adaptability.