Surveillance Operators are responsible for the daily on-going monitoring and observation of casino operations, while ensuring the security and integrity of casino assets, staff and patrons. You will provide routine surveillance of the gaming floor identifying potential problems, such as poor game protection, suspicious individuals, and acting as a support unit to other departments in relation to the protection of company assets. Your attention to detail and sound observational skills will be critical as you are conducting reviews, writing and completing reports and logs that could be used as evidence in legal matters that have resulted from criminal charges against patrons or employees. You will work under Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
The successful candidates will possess:
- A secondary school diploma, with preference to graduates with a Post-Secondary education in Law and Security.
- A minimum of one (1) or more years of experience in a Security related field or gaming related positions (Cage, Slot, Table Games or Audit).
- Analytical, observational, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Casino Surveillance or related surveillance experience an asset
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- surveillance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location