Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust is an owner, manager and developer of well-located retail and commercial real estate across Canada. Choice Properties' portfolio spans approximately 65 million square feet of gross leasable area and consists of over 700 properties primarily focused on supermarket-anchored shopping centres and stand-alone supermarkets.
Choice Properties’ strategy is to create value by enhancing and optimizing its portfolio through accretive acquisitions, strategic development, and active property management. Choice Properties' principal tenant is Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada's largest retailer. Choice Properties' strong alliance with Loblaw positions it well for future growth.
A commitment to continuous learning and development is a strong part of our culture.
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure, this position will be a team member of the IT support team which provides technical assistance to end-users, performs infrastructure and application troubleshooting on issues reported to the service desk.
The Systems Administrator role is responsible for maintenance, monitoring, and support of end-user devices, Active Directory, Exchange /Exchange Online, MS Teams administration, Virtualization, and Mobile Device Management. The role is responsible for proactive technical troubleshooting and implementation hardware/software.
- Perform troubleshooting activities on end-user devices at hardware and application level.
- Build and maintain relationships with end-users.
- Resolving and routing IT tickets within approved SLA.
- Assist in Systems, Network & Security matters as per the instructions.
- Provide second-level Help Desk Ticket resolution to end-users and business during business hours and may be during off-hours and weekends based on the requirement.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to resolve IT issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain Enterprise Standards within the facility to the specifications of the corporate standards, and regulatory compliance governing servers, desktops, network/security devices, and applications.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for the organization.
- Build knowledge base articles and documentation.
- Assist in the Incident Response and Disaster Recovery Plan test and restore exercise.
- Follow the contingency and/or continuity procedures, compliant with the security policies and regulatory requirements.
- Train and coach level 1 team helpdesk team.
- Administration of O365 and Azure AD.
- 3+ years experience as a Systems/Support Administrator in a large publicly traded organization.
- University Degree or College Diploma in a relevant IT discipline or equivalent experience.
- Customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An in-depth understanding of all areas of IT and how the IT department impacts the organization.
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting of Active Directory, Azure AD, Exchange/Exchange online, MS Teams, Virtualization and Mobile Device Management platforms.
- Able to run, understand PowerShell scripts and make minor changes.
- Self-starting independent thinker that possesses initiative, creativity, and good organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and technical documentation.
- Ability to lift hardware devices, i.e., servers, routers, and switches.
- Ability to travel to the other GTA offices and across Canada as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- system administration: 3 years (preferred)