Team Support Clerk
At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. Where the work permits, employees will have the choice to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals. Please note, this position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program/Work from Home Arrangement.
Posting ID: 1333
Department: Social & Community Services
Division: Employment & Social Services
Pay Range: $25.75 - 29.32 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: 440 Elizabeth Street, 2nd Floor, Burlington, ON L7R 2M1
Employee Group: CUPE Local 3732 applicants will receive first consideration for this position.
Posting Date: November 23, 2022
Application Deadline: November 29, 2022
Reporting to the Supervisor, Social Services, the Team Support Clerk provides front-line reception services to Halton residents and administrative support to the Social Services team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct, frontline customer service by responding to customer questions, concerns and complaints.
- Makes referrals to internal and external resources.
- Answers telephone inquiries and relays telephone calls while assisting walk-in clients.
- Provides reception/waiting room customer service support to Ontario Works sites.
- Responsible for the general tidiness of the reception area, waiting room/lobby.
- Offers backup support to the Integrated Program Assistant.
- Co-ordinates daily courier pickup/drop off and distributes mail to Ontario Works site staff.
- Prepares food vouchers, recreation forms, bus tickets and optical forms for participant pick up and records data in Excel spreadsheet.
- Updates SAMS as required.
- Prepares routine correspondence for delivery to Integrated Case Managers and records all correspondence received in Excel spreadsheet.
- Monitors the adequate supply of forms and publications and places new orders as required.
- Compiles data, statistics and other information.
- Provides general administrative support to Employment and Social Services site and staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- A secondary school diploma with training in Office Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related field
- Superior multi-tasking abilities, time management, organization, planning and self- management abilities
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- An understanding of Ontario Works legislation is preferred as is excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to problem solve with harder to serve participants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and knowledge of the Social Assistance Management System (SAMS)
Working/ Employment Conditions
- Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check by the first day of employment.
- In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.