At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
As a Transportation Coordinator in our Merchandising & Supply Chain Development Program, you will have the opportunity to take part in a development program with exposure to key areas within our grain handling, crop inputs marketing, transportation and merchandising business.
- You will begin the program in our transportation department gaining foundational experience of our business in areas such as trucking with the coordination of truck traffic or logistics with contract execution.
- Subsequent rotations will involve:
- Experience at a country operations location where you’ll gain hands-on exposure in selling/delivering inputs to producers to grow their crops and at harvest, buying grain including grain handling processes to ship to end-use merchandising customers globally.
- More complex transportation roles in areas such as shipping railcars to the port or in marine where you’ll prepare export documentation for ocean cargo shipments.
- Upon completion of the program, you’ll be well positioned to take on progressively responsible roles in transportation and the merchandising of grain and oilseed commodities to customers around the world.
- Graduate of a Business, Agribusiness, International Business or Supply Chain degree program.
- Interest in international business, merchandising and transportation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of initiative with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Additional language skills such as French, Spanish, Mandarin or another language would be considered an asset.
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should visit www.richardson.careers to apply online.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location