National Logistics Services (NLS) is Canada’s leading retail logistics provider for global lifestyle brands, including apparel, footwear, accessories, and sporting goods. NLS’s well-established Canadian retail relationships, transportation partnerships, and infrastructure provide our internationally recognized clients with a significant advantage for reaching and serving consumers in Canada and beyond through wholesale, brick-and-mortar, and e-commerce channels.
Why work for NLS?
NLS is Canada’s leading Retail Logistics provider with over 50 years of continuously evolving retail expertise. Over the past 50 years, our team has built NLS to what it is now by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. With dedication and experience, our people make a difference every day to our clients, our business and to each other.
The Logistics Engineers are part of the Engineering and Continuous Improvement (C.I) team. Along with Project Managers, this team is responsible for developing fulfillment solutions for potential customers, setup and execute the solution once the contract is signed, as well as training the long term operation team taking over the newly designed operation. The Engineering. and C.I. team is also responsible for relentlessly looking at ways to improve the current operations, working with the operation team, under a Continuous Improvement approach.
- Assist the Operation teams with process improvement activities and new process introductions.
- Development and documentation of standard operating procedures.
- Process mapping and flowcharting existing and proposed processes for order management and support processes.
- Develop and implement efficient warehouse layout, designs, and processes.
- Apply company methodologies and tools to design distribution operations including staffing, equipment, sizing and layout.
- Coordinate with contractors and external vendors during new facility setup phase.
- Assist associates, supervisors and planners with various activities or projects.
- Determine efficient utilization of resources by analyzing layouts, labour force, and equipment use.
- Support the business development team by participating in the solution development of RFPs.
- Conduct time studies.
- Assist staff with various process excellence initiatives through the application of statistical tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Have fun!
- Bachelor degree in Engineering. Preferably Industrial.
- Experience in the transportation industry is preferred.
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word), AutoCAD, Visio and Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Demonstrated customer service skills; must be customer focused and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of fulfilment and other logistics disciplines is a benefit.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and have extreme attention to detail.
Ready to bring your PIECE?
National Logistics Services (NLS) is Canada’s leading retail logistics provider for global lifestyle brands, including apparel, footwear, accessories, and sporting goods. NLS welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. NLS is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact Human Resources to discuss your needs.