At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Transportation Helper is responsible for moving trucks, trailers, and roll offs to and from the loading docks, loading and unloading containers, while ensuring decontamination and security of vehicles and containers.
Key Job Activities:
- Move all vehicles to and from the loading and unloading areas.
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separates non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated. Stage waste on the roll-off conveyor system.
- Remove all waste and decontaminate waste containers and cargo areas. Loads vehicles with a correct number of clean and empty containers, boxes, and liners for the next day’s service. Insures housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, the floor is dry, and debris not on the floor, etc., are addressed immediately.
- Assists in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year related experience or training or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License class G
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program that includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, RRSP matching. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.