Date Posted: 01/24/2023
Req ID: 29399
Faculty/Division: Temerty Faculty of Medicine
Department: Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00045295
Home to over 40 departments and institutes, the University of Toronto's Temerty Faculty of Medicine lies at the heart of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network and is a global leader in ground-breaking research and education, spanning clinical medicine, basic science and the rehabilitation sciences sectors.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology (LMP) occupies a unique position at the interface between basic biomedical science and clinical practice. We are an assembly of over 400 investigators, scientists, and clinicians, who educate and mentor trainees pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate medical studies, engaged in investigating disease mechanisms and patterns and translating new knowledge and discoveries into improved health outcomes for patients and populations.
As TRP Administrator, you will serve as the first point of contact for the Translational Research Program (TRP); a two-year professional Masters of Health Science program, where our students learn to catalyze transformation of scientific discoveries into problem solving applications that benefit human health. Your friendly demeanour and willingness to help will create a welcoming and inclusive environment and equip our students with pertinent information from admissions to program completion. Relying on your high anticipatory skills, you will proactively support and handle various demands from students and faculty to foster a purposeful and positive student experience and sustained program growth.
Your responsibilities will include:
Acting as the first point of contact and responding to general inquiries, including providing detailed information on program and course requirements
- Coordinating course timetables and interview schedules and maintaining course information on student information systems
- Collecting and checking completeness of applications and submissions for award competition and review
- Documenting and maintaining curriculum maps
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and programming
- Disseminating and collecting surveys and questionnaires and analyzing survey results
- Maintaining information on digital platforms
Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years of related administrative experience, preferably in a University or post-secondary environment
- Experience coordinating academic programs, including supporting the admissions process and calculating grades
- Experience documenting and maintaining curriculum maps
- Experience coordinating schedules and timetables
- Experience providing committee support and coordinating events
- Experience drafting and editing correspondence and program materials
- Experience organizing data, analyzing survey results and formatting data for presentation
- High proficiency with MS Office Suite, student information systems, content management systems, learning management systems, survey tools and social media platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, tact and discretion with strong interpersonal skills; excellent student engagement skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be adaptable and flexible
- Creative self-starter who is able to deal with a high level of ambiguity and show good judgement
- Ability to work in a team but must also be able to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast-paced environment
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
This is a maternity leave replacement position, scheduled to end in November 2024.
Closing Date: 02/14/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 08 - $56,514 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $72,271. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Dinuka Perera
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.