SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employees and have a fleet of over 500 tugs. We are part of the Denmark-based A.P. Moller/Maersk group – the world's largest group of maritime companies.
We offer a competitive work/life balance as well as the opportunity to manage all aspects of vessel operation and ownership. We pride ourselves on providing best in industry tools to accomplish our goals safely and to a high standard.
The Tug Master will be responsible for the efficient and safe operations and maintenance standard of SVITZER vessels.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Carrying out safe operations to assisted ships in a responsible and timely manner.
- Taking personal responsibility for ensuring a culture of safety is observed on board at all times, and that existing tools to achieve same are utilized by all persons on board.
- Ensuring proper administration of all ship management activities on the vessel, including timely safety and operational reporting, keeping of appropriate records etc.
- Liaising closely with Marine Managers, Harbour Pilots, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth planning and communication of all towage operations.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum Master < 500GT COC
- Experience ASD/Voith propulsion .
- Harbour or Terminal towage experience preferred.
- Strong administrative/computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Candidates need to hold valid Transport Canada certificates.
Building a Diverse Workplace
In Svitzer we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $115,000.00 per year
- Commuter benefits
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Transport Canada Certificates (required)