· High school diploma
· Minimum 2 years office experience
· Experience in a health care setting and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
· Basic Proficiency in MS Office
· Knowledge of OHIP billing software/procedures, Electronic Patient Record preferred
· Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Basic Microsoft Office Skills
· Ability to work independently without supervision
· Ability to prioritize workload within a multi-task environment with multiple demands
· Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
· An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Coordinate all RDES laboratories testing appointments with appropriate EPR entries.
- Send and file all RDES Laboratories reports and maintain patients’ clinical records in accordance with centre policy
- Set-up and maintain RDES & Respiratory Clinic patient charts in accordance with Centre policy
- Maintain manual/computerized systems for tracking information such as quality assurance data
- Performa other unit clerk duties if not in contradiction with job purpose, including support for and coverage of Respiratory Clinics
Please Note: All West Park Healthcare Centre employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the hospital’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy. Accommodations to this requirement under the Ontario Human Rights Code may be available subject to supporting evidence.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4637.