Vice President – Silsource
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Silsource
Silsource is looking for a collaborative and personable leader with financial acumen to join their team as Vice President.
The Vice President will provide overall leadership, direction and management for the areas of the business surrounding finance, technology, operations, customer service and supply chain management. The company offers a great team environment, excellent benefits and a competitive salary all within walking distance of the Port Perry, Ontario waterfront on Lake Scugog. The role oversees the head office and several third party distribution locations.
The Vice President will lead the strategic planning and execution processes including financial support of the growing private label and exclusive brand sales across North America. The Vice President is responsible for day-to-day activity but also for the operational plan to ensure the right people and resources are in place to support continued profitable sales growth. The Vice President creates a positive team culture and organizational clarity, communication and consistency. The Vice President will serve as second in command to the President, and together they will develop a vision for future growth and a plan for implementation.
If you are a financially literate leader with a bias for action and a conviction that aligns with the values of Silsource, we would love to connect with you.
It’s been a 25-year journey in the silicone and silanes business for me. Starting in a small, family-run silicone business I was groomed for inside sales and then gradually grew into the role of Sales Manager. This is really where I discovered my love of interacting and working with customers to offer them quality solutions to their specific requests and requirements. It was also around that time when an opportunity arose to become an independent representative of Shin-Etsu Silicones of America. Though it took some strong encouragement to step out on my own, I felt ready for a new challenge and Silsource was born.
The last 14 years have brought with them many changes and a variety of wonderful staff members as well. I’ve been surprised at how easily transitioning to a team has been and just how rewarding our accomplishments are when we reach them together.
Silsource has now grown larger and more sophisticated than simply an independent contractor for Shin-Etsu. We have added our own Silsource branded line of silicones and silanes to meet the demanding needs of the North American industry.
It has also been a great joy and privilege to support and give back to some of our partners in meaningful ways. We are always striving to learn, share and serve others. Looking back, it’s exciting to see the growth and how everything has unfolded.
A message from Graham Alexander, President
WHO WE ARE
Silsource Inc. is an independent representative of Shin-Etsu Silicones of America and the Shin-Etsu Chemical – Special Functional Products Group, part of a worldwide network producing quality material. Additionally, Silsource offers an ever expanding line of value added products, materials, and services. We feel honoured to reach our clients all throughout North America and provide exceptional and consistent customer service. At Silsource, we strive for excellence in all we do – each of us playing a role in our clients' success.
In the past three years we have more than doubled our staff to meet the growing demands of our clients. Now our team brings over 70 years of expertise and experience in the silicone industry!
The Silsource first-rate warehouse facility has earned ISO 9001:2015 certification and cGMP certification by Health Canada. We are able to store and ship all varieties of materials including hazardous, flammable and temperature-regulated at the standard your industry requires.
For more information, visit the Silsource website.
- Pressure sensitive adhesives
- Release coatings
- Personal care & cosmetics
- Silicone fluids
- Silane products
- LSRs for textile coating
We partner with clients to supply industry leading products that provide solutions to their challenges. Guided by our core values, we strive to create a workplace that values people and customers. Following all laws and regulations, we are a well-managed and profitable operation that embraces growth and seeks to advance the Lord’s Kingdom.
Silsource – your dependable, trusted partner for world class silicone and silane products and expert technical service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
- Represent and convey the values of Silsource to the employees, contractors, suppliers and customers as well as to external agencies and partners.
- Develop the financial wellbeing of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, as well as hiring, retaining and directing staff.
- Support, update and implement the strategic plan, aligning organizational and operational priorities with the strategic plan to achieve its goals.
- Accountable, with the President, for the overall company profit & loss (P&L). Lead business growth and profitability improvement through financial and operational excellence and the efficient use of facilities, technology, equipment, people and supply chain/distribution.
- Lead the development process of annual budgets and financial strategies and the implementation of best practice KPIs to ensure maximum resource utilization and cost-effectiveness without compromising quality and service.
- Develop, update and implement a sustainable organizational structure that keeps up with the growth of the business, and ensures the right values, talent, skills, experience and organizational capacity are in place.
- Drive positive customer experience by ensuring reliable supply, high quality and performance of our products and service offerings, as well as high level pre- and post-sales customer support.
- Lead infrastructure projects ranging from evaluating the current HQ location to ERP selection and implementation, and developing the information technology plan for the future. Manage the company IT needs (hardware and software) as the organization grows.
- 10-15 years of business and/or distribution experience in progressive leadership and management positions in growth-minded businesses.
- Post-secondary education in Business and Finance. A CPA designation would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Transparent, humble and authentic leadership style that holds self and others accountable for results through collaboration, innovation, engagement and trust.
- Able to work in a private, entrepreneurial small business with a desire to mentor and coach the team as the company grows.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically while problem solving.
- Enjoys spending time on the frontlines working with the various staff to improve processes, reduce waste and deliver strong operational outcomes.
- Strong people management and project management skills with the ability to build, coach, inspire and engage.
- Proven track record in implementing strategies, executing plans, improving ROI, and using data and metrics to drive a business forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Gifted at building strong internal and external relationships with employees, customers, suppliers and partners.
- Believes and models the core values of passion, integrity, responsiveness, respectfulness and dependability.
- Skilled in the implementation and use of ERP systems and implementing an online strategy.
Location: Port Perry, ON (open to hybrid)
Application Deadline: October 20, 2022
Start Date: January 2023
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website: https://nelsonandkraft.com/#open-searches
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $125,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-10-20