Position Title: Warehouse Associate
Reports to: Logistics Specialist
Department: Supply Chain, Operations
Location: Toronto, ON
Pioneering an innovative approach to advancing emergency patient care in challenging environments. From our roots as a spin-off from Toronto’s University Health Network to a successful global innovator of medical technologies helping in the fight against COVID and in extreme care environments around the world, we are fueled by our desire to improve the health outcomes of so many at home and around the world.
The Warehouse Associate stores and organizes the material in the warehouse, also performs the picking and delivery of material to the requesting area and ensures accuracy of inventory, maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Store materials and equipment in assigned locations.
- Fulfill and deliver work orders and inventory requests.
- Register all inventory transactions in the ERP system.
- Enter data into the system and track the inventory.
- Correctly handle the material to maintain it in adequate quality conditions.
- Ensure inventory accuracy.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Identify and report inventory discrepancies to manager.
- Identify and report safety risks to manager immediately.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Utilize a hand pallet jacket to move pallets to the proper locations.
- Perform all activities efficiently.
- Make recommendations for inventory purchases.
- Suggest improvements and implement changes in the area.
- Help and collaborate with people from different areas.
- Ensure the warehouse is clean, tidy and that each part or item is in its location.
Requirements and skills:
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Computer skills: MS Office (excel and word), email, and ERP systems.
- Technical: ERP systems and 5s or housekeeping.
- Teamwork: ability to work as a team player when required.
- Physical capable of lifting material (from 1 to 50 pounds).
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy in all work performed.
- Customer oriented.
Thornhill Medical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Employees are encouraged to be up-to-date with their vaccination requirements as per Health Canada.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location