Fresh City is an award-winning urban farm and omni-channel retailer. Founder-led, we’re on a mission to provide a better life through food. More than one decade after we first began, our belief in that is even stronger. Every day, we deliver organic produce, chef-inspired and made from scratch prepared foods, bespoke meats and more to thousands of Greater Toronto Area families.
In 2018, Fresh City acquired Mabel’s Bakery, a popular bakery in Toronto producing artisan breads and pastries, and shortly after acquired The Healthy Butcher, a pioneer in organic and 100% Grassfed beef, in 2019. In 2022, subscription-based organic produce and grocery delivery company Mama Earth Organics was added to the lineup of brands making Fresh City the largest organic online retailer in Ontario.
With eight retail locations and home delivery across the GTA between our four brands, the Fresh City family of brands continues to bring farmers, makers and eaters together to deliver a food experience that respects our bodies, our planet, and our shared tomorrow.
Food is our passion. We proudly employ over 500 employees across our four brands including our farm, our two warehouses, our food production facilities, our offices and our retail locations. We’re continuously advancing our culture of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard, valued and free to be their authentic selves.
We are hiring Warehouse Workers at our 19 Waterman Avenue location (East York)
What's In It For You:
- Food Discounts across Fresh City, Mama Earth, The Healthy Butcher & Mabel’s Bakery
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers
- You’ll be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced leadership team who have built successful businesses
You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System
What you will be doing:
- Morning setup
- Ensure ALL items (including ice) are set up at every station by 7:10
- Ensure packers always have items needed and never run out of station produce
- Ensure ditched items are replaced in a timely manner
- Tear Down and Next Day Setup
- Tear down the stations and ensure items are ALWAYS properly consolidated (case counts, etc.)
- Set up any product that can stay out overnight in the warehouse to facilitate quick setup in the morning
- Ensure all packers always have enough ice
- Ensure freezers are ALWAYS well stocked with ice
- Boxes / Warehouse Organization
- Collect and compile boxes and put in the baler
- Collect and compile wax boxes and put in garbage bins, or create a skid of wax boxes to sell
- Ensure warehouse is constantly organized and clean
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the table:
- Ability to multitask between replenishing and general warehouse duties
- Able to work on delegated tasks with minimal supervision
Things you should know (if applicable) - such as flexible hybrid, warehouse, retail store location, weekend work, etc.:
- This role is five days per week Mondays through Sundays 6AM to 2PM (Hours may differ during training period)
- Weekend shifts are mandatory
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fresh City is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, and Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Please note that certain roles like Warehouse Associates are members of the UFCW bargaining unit in the recent union certification at Mama Earth Organics.