Experienced Web Application Developer – Job Description
Working as part of a team, this role will be responsible for leading software projects from design stage to implementation, as well as being involved in implementing and supporting routine deployments of client applications that are customized to individual requirements. We are looking for a mature individual with several years’ experience, who has a well-rounded understanding of building web-based applications and can hit the ground running.
New Development Initiatives:
- Working with other team members, will identify and take part in discussions of functional requirements for new functionality / enhancements.
- Under direction from management, taking functional requirements and technical specifications and planning out development tasks.
- Writing code and leading QA / debugging activities.
Support / Enhancement Activities for Existing Frameworks:
- Working with other team members, will identify and document updates / enhancements / structural improvements to currently active deployments, as well as provide technical support for issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Writing code and QA / debugging activities.
Implementing Customized Applications for new Clients
- Follow established deployment protocol to configure and deploy a wide network of customer applications.
- Testing / debugging of custom software installations.
- Overall responsibility for authoring and maintaining our technical documentation.
- Will detail all task descriptions and status updates via the Project Management console.
- Will post daily updates to the code repository and maintain file structures.
- Research activities – will be involved in researching new technologies and solutions that we may wish to offer for viability.
- Special projects – as required by management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fluent in the English language, both written and oral.
- Strong communication skills, particularly relating to technical customer support requests.
- Post-Secondary Education in a computer programming discipline.
- 5+ years development experience with web applications.
- Experience with VB.NET and responsive GUI’s (using Bootstrap, or other frameworks).
- Experience in building scalable applications and multi-tenant infrastructure.
- Experience creating backend reporting interfaces.
- Experience with API’s and web services.
- Strong MS Excel (and MS office) skills.
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator is desirable.
- Strong sense of professionalism and enthusiasm and ability to multi-task.
- Experienced at planning and leading development tasks, strong time management focus and able to work independently in a disciplined manner.
- Diplomatic nature and adept at troubleshooting and issue resolution.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location