WSIB/Grievances/Trial Board Administrative Assistant
Date: November 1, 2022
Location: IBEW Local 353 Union Hall, 1377 Lawrence Ave. E., Toronto
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Office Manager
Proposed Hours of Work & Wages: Per Collective Agreement – Level 2 pay ($976.92 weekly)
- Prepare WSIB correspondence; format, proofread, copy and submit.
- Maintain the records for the Trial Board and any fines owing/collected. Prepare the transcripts of the Trial Board hearings.
- Prepare and mail annual dues tax receipts and tax statements to Members.
- Prepare and mail reference letters and signatory letters.
- Prepare the list of suspended Members and send to the appropriate contractors. Prepare and mail letters to the Members; file the letters and update database.
- Prepare grievances for business representatives.
- Organize and prepare call lists for automated call outs.
- Process dues that are mailed in to the Local including entering them and issuing receipts.
- Backup for reception and other COPE staff duties when needed.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- College Business Diploma preferred
- 2 – 4 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to learn various computer programs
- Is a team player and works effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and effectively accomplish required assignments on a timely basis
- Efficient and highly organized
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, trustworthy, highly motivated and able to work independently
Successful applicants must apply for membership in the
Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union - Local 343.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $976.92 per week
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2022-12-12